Sunday, September 5, 2010

First post!!

HELLO ALL!!
Well this is my first time ever blogging so I am kinda new at it! For all of you who read this, if any do, this blog is about getting settled in college! The reason I am starting this blog in the first place to because it is a class assignment and we have to post weekly things for people to read. I decided to gear it towards high school kids thinking about college and also first year college students because I am currently one myself.

So far college has been an awesome experience for me and I am so glad that I decided on Eastern University. It is very important when choosing a college to pick one that you and your parents are comfortable with because if your parents are comfortable with it the less they will worry and keep taps on you! I knew the moment I stepped foot onto Eastern that it was where I wanted to spend the next four years of my life at. Being comfortble is a huge factor to being happy at college! It took me a while to get everything together and it seemed like the list of supplies was unending! If you know who your rooming with, split the list down the middle, you will save tons of money that way and yet still have everything you need! Saving money is a HUGE thing when in college! Also take time to get to know your roommate before you go to college so that you are not completely strangers when meeting..believe me..it helps take the awkwardness away! I had so much fun picking everything out for my dorm room! Getting all the little things that just makes the room more like home is a great idea, makes you miss your actual room less. One thing that is great about college is it is certainly not a time to be shy.. so if you are..now is your time to step out and start new! New faces, names and places..so take advantage of that but don't forget to be true to who you really are!

Main point of today...SAVE MONEY and BE YOURSELF!!!

Ill be posting again shortly, i hope that whoever reads this will either find it helpful..or feel free to ask me questions!! its what im here for! God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment